Sprint gadget is not working properly.

smallmachines September 4, 2017

- Sprint Health Gadget
- Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget
After adding these two gadgets, the gadget will not find my sprint when I select 'auto' for sprint.
Manually selecting a sprint will give you a good overview.

However, the following two gadgets will be displayed normally even if they are set to 'Automatic'.
- Agile Wallboard Gadget
- Sprint Burndown Gadget

I think it's a bug in the gadget, can it be fixed?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I received an answer from Atlassian Support, which works well once.
This was a known bug and I hope it will be fixed soon.
If you have a similar problem, please see the answer below.

-------------------------

As far as I checked the error message, you seemed to be facing the issue of the following bug.

Could you please try the workaround in the bug report first?

1. Change the user language back to English
  2. Add the gadgets with the same configuration
  3. Change the user language to Korean again
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

Hi @Andrew Mainland 

Believe it or not, but your comment to this thread is what spurred further investigation into this bug.  I revised that bug ticket because I did some more research here and I found that this bug was not limited only to affect one or two languages as originally thought.  In turn, this changed the priority of this bug.  A fix for this has already started to roll out to all Jira Software Cloud sites JSWCLOUD-15001.  

The Jira Software Server version of this same bug in JSWSERVER-15001  is still being investigated.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
Andrew Mainland February 11, 2020

I'm sure this is going to be fixed any day now, best we wait by the phone holding our breaths.

Instead I created a GreaseMonkey (aka TamperMonkey) script that contained the behavior I wanted.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

I recall this being an issue a couple of years back. However, I haven't been using sprints for over a year and to be honest can't recall if it worked for me when I last was using it. I looking for a know bug in Atlassian's bug system but did not see anything. 

I'm sure others will chime in here w/ more recent experience and ideas.

Thanks Brickey,

If this problem still afflicts you, try my new replies.
It worked well for me.

Tarang October 18, 2018

I still see the problem with the gadgets:

- Sprint Health Gadget
- Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget

They don't seem to "auto" roll from the last active sprint to the current active sprint on some of the team dashboards.  I haven't figured out why this is so, though suspecting oddly enough that the name of the sprint may have something to do with it given there aren't any conflicted view such as a team having multiple active sprints.

Mind you these gadgets, while being very useful gauges for a quick look of where the team is and how it is doing have the larger bug where by the "Board" selection doesn't show an order drop down list.  Making it all but useless gadget in a large enterprise with 100's of teams and thus a multiplication of boards to select from.

Like # people like this
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

This is still an issue in 2019.

The dashboard won't auto update the sprint.

Like # people like this
Tarang March 18, 2019

I think the auto update sprint is possibly related to the naming convention of the sprint - I know this would be dumb thing to be dependent on.  As when sprint naming conventions that have included dates don't seem to get auto updated. However name conventions that are reliably sorted in chronological order appear to be auto updated

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

If that's the case, then that gadget shouldn't be used

Suggest an answer