• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sprint field removed when closing sprint

Has anyone else had an issue happening where when you close a sprint now it seems to remove a value from the sprint field? I just noticed this happen for the first time on a sprint we just closed today. When trying to add the value back it only shows options for active and future sprints now. 

Is this possibly related to a new update Atlassian put out? I have not noticed this issue until very recently. In the history it does not show that any user nor the system removed the value and the issue does still show up within the Sprint Report. We are using the new UI maybe that is the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team May 01, 2019

Hi Mitch,

I don't believe this is a new feature.  The sprint report is being generated at the time the sprint is closed.  So the expectation with that report is that what you see there is what was in the sprint when it was closed.

However when you close a sprint, there is a question of "What happens to issues not completed in the sprint?"  Since completed issues will tend to keep the sprint field value we aren't as concerned with them.  But for issues that remained incomplete when that sprint closed, Jira Software will prompt the user that closed the sprint to figure out what to do with those incomplete issues.  They can either place them in a future sprint (which changes the sprint field) OR they can add them back to the backlog (which actually clears that sprint field entirely).

So at least the report and this behavior is expected as far as I can tell so far.  Is this not what you want to have happen to these issues?

I hope this helps.

Andy

That's a great explanation @Andy Heinzer 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,459 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you