Sprint Workload Report

Kim Wall September 3, 2012

We have an area that is utilizing JIRA and GreenHopper for their agile project management and they'd like to generate a Sprint Workload report similar to the version workload|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/Version+Workload+Report report that is available in JIRA itself. Is there a report option available that accomplishes this?

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
fquatrocw August 21, 2013

Please vote for this issue to be resolved at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5849

3 votes
Vladimir Kravetz February 4, 2013

I have stumbled upon the same problem recently trying to understand workload allocations during the Sprint planning right before we hit the "Start Sprint" button. I think this is not an unreasonable ask to make sure that everyone's load is spread equally prior to the beginning of the sprint.

Thus the question: Are there any plans on adding this functionality into one of the next JIRA's releases and if yes what is the version and when would this become available to the "jira on demand" users?

Thank you in advance,

VKR

3 votes
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

I do something similar (but not the same). I use a workload pie chart with a filter where the JQL is "Sprint in openSprints()" on a dashboard. This might give you an idea.

1 vote
Renga Kannan April 20, 2016

HI JIRA Team,

This seems a very trivial request from your user community. As a scrum master/Project Manager/Director of Engineering, I definitely wanted to keep an eye on the workload pie chart at a given sprint level. It does not make sense to see at the project level as we always focus the current sprint for workload balancing in agile world.

When do you guys think that you can make this available for the community.

Thanks,

Renga

0 votes
joshnoble August 19, 2013

+1 for the user workload report to support sprints, this is a real necessity for us.

0 votes
fquatrocw June 6, 2013

Any idea when the user workload report will support sprints?

0 votes
fquatrocw June 6, 2013

Can someone answer VKR's questions please

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi Kim,

There isn't an equivalent report, I'm afraid. Most of the new GreenHopper fields (sprints, for example) are not yet queryable by JIRA, so having reports on them isn't possible just yet.

We're working on adding these features in, but in the meantime, you'll have to go through each issue and add it to a version in order to get the workload report.

-Simon

Suggest an answer