Sprint Report using multiple columns

Yves Van Grimberge April 9, 2015

I have a scrum board using JIRA Agile Cloud.
It's using Agile Simplified Workflow.  However I've added some more columns to also include tracking on which enviroment issues are deployed

image2015-4-9 16:18:8.png

New columns are 'Development Complete', 'Deployed Integration', 'Deployed Acceptance'.
I also configured statusses related to these columns where the 3 columns I added have a "Category" done.
Furthermore I set resolution to done as from the 'development Complete phase'

In my Sprint Report I would like to have my  issues in the completed issues list as soon as they have a status of 'Development Complete'.  Accordingly I would like to see my sprint burndown decreasing.  This is currenly not the case.

any idea's on how to achieve this ?

2 answers

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

Hi Yves,

If you take a look at your screenshot, you can see you have one column in blue (To Do) and one column in green (Done). All the others (including the Development Complete) are yellow.

In JIRA Agile the single leftmost column will always be blue, representing items in 'new'. The single rightmost column will always be green, representing items in a 'successful'. The columns in the middle represent items in progress ('In Progress' in screenshot above).

In your case, items in Development Complete will always be 'In Progress'. If you want this to be consider as Done, you need to map that status to the column in green.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Magnus Ottosson February 11, 2016

Hi,

Can I have multiple columns in green? If so, how?

Michael Haizmann August 23, 2016

For exactly this question (multiple green / blue columns) I'm right now also looking for an answer ... but can't find anything.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Deb Barker August 22, 2017

Can't find anything either, it's a real pain.

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

Hi Yves,

Did you notice that the color line right above your Development Complete column ir yellow? Yellow in JIRA generally means "In Progress".

Having it as yellow indicates to JIRA Agile that your issue is still in a state where it's not completed just yet and you are still working on it.

JIRA Agile only considers you issue as done if it's in a green column, which is generally the last column from left to right, in your case, "Done".

Remember that you can also have multiple status in the same column and correctly map each of your issues to a given "finished" status.

So, if you want you issues to count as completed by JIRA Agile, I think you'll need to move them all to the "Done"column which line is green.

I hope it helps!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer