Sprint Report - Issues Not Complete

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

I have just closed off virtually all of my stories within a sprint by assigning a fixVersion, then marking the stories as Closed, then marking the sprint as complete (a couple of days later than planned - not sure if that is the cause of my issue).

When I look at the sprint report, specifically the Issues Not Completed section. All of my stories are located within this section, whereas it should be about 50 odd are completed and only 2 are not completed.

It states against all of the stories that their statuses are Done (a step before closed in my workflow) which is incorrect. However if I look in the issue navigator, they all have the correct status of Closed.

I'm confused - why is the Sprint Report incorrectly showing all of the stories as incomplete?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Th problem turned out to be that I had my final closed status 'Done Done' outside of Greenhopper (so that team members could not transition something to that status).

This meant that issues were never truely complete. By moving the status into Greenhopper (and restricting it by the workflow), the items were magincally marked as complete. :-)

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013
The first time I was wondered too :-) The sprint report is frozen to the last date of your sprint. Any changes after this date are NOT included in this report. When you close your issues after the end date of your sprint then they still remain incomplete in sprint report. I suggest this is a workaround because you can't currently get history data using JQL.
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Just to clarify, are you are saying that ...

My sprint took 12 days instead of the originally planned 10, and as I closed the issues then the sprint on the 12th day, as it was 2 days past the original date, this is why they are marked as incomplete. If I had closed everything on the 10th day, then they would be marked as complete?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Yes, this is right. On the other hand you can change the end date of the sprint (2 days later). The report is focused on this parameters (begin and end date of sprint).

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Can I do that after the sprint has been closed?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Please perform a re-index now. Then check if the status is now correct.

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Actually, I changed the end date of the sprint before I closed it, so it does not make sense why they would still be marked as incomplete. :-(

Is the original end date of the sprint (prior to closing it) recorded somewhere and compared against?

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Re-indexed, and still the same :-(

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Where did you change the end date of your sprint? In the database? I remember that the sprint was closed?

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

When I closed the sprint, I change the end date within Greenhopper (just prior to hitting the close sprint button)

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

I altered the end date of the sprint before closing the sprint.

Thinking about it, I closed all of the issues yesterday and assigned them a fixVersion. I also closed the sprint yesterday, although the date for the sprint end was set as 2 days ago (i.e. a day before I closed the issues).

This would logically be the problem.

Can I change the sprint end date within Greenhopper, or can I only change it via the DB?

Or I suppose I could alter the closed date of the issues?

Suggest an answer