Sprint Name Showing on multiple scrum boards

Jennifer Palsgrove November 10, 2017

We have two Scrum Boards that display two different backlogs. Board A and Board B. Board A has two project keys included in the backlog and Board B has one project key included in the backlog- no relationship with projects.  I recently added the second project key to board A. After doing so, I created a sprint on Board A (Name: Sprint 9) and it is showing up on both boards (A&B). If we delete if from Board B it will remove it from Board A. Sprint 9 should only show up on Board A, not board B. Not sure what the issues is or how I can correct this. Any thoughts? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

can you provide the filters used for each board? that should help w/ resolution.

Board A: project = GRYP OR project = "Phoenix Platform" ORDER BY Rank ASC

Board B: (project = RPA OR labels = RPA-2017) AND issuetype in (Story, Bug, Spike, Test, Epic) OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("(project = RPA OR labels = RPA-2017) AND issuetype in (Story, Bug, Spike, Test, Epic)") ORDER BY Rank ASC

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

If you run a search for "labels = RPA-2017", does it return issues only in one project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2017

Are all issues duplicated in the S9 on both boards or only some?

Do any issues in FRYP or Phoenix Platform happen to have label RPA-2017?

Can you place "()" as below and observe?

Board B: ... (issueFunction in subtasksOf("(project = RPA OR labels = RPA-2017) AND issuetype in (Story, Bug, Spike, Test, Epic)")) ...

I did run a search to make sure there weren't any labels of "RPA-2017" in the GRYP or PHNX issues. There was one issue that did have that label.  I removed that label but the sprint name (Sprint 9) still shows on both boards. I only checked issue type story, not sub-task within the story for the label.

The issues in Sprint 9 are for the PHNX and GRYP project and they don't appear on Board B. However, Board B that is used for the RPA project has "Sprint 9" (sprint name for Board A listed) and all of the RPA issues are listed in Sprint 9, but NO GRYP or PHNX on Board B.  Very odd.

I will try changing the filter to add () as outlined and will see if that helps. 

Henrik Gerdtsson January 30, 2018

I have a similar issue but within the same project. Issues in the project are separated with the custom field Team. Each issue has one Team. Each Team has their own scrum board. At the moment the latest sprint in Team 1 is also visible in Team 2. If Team 2 Changes the name of the sprint the name is changed for Team 1. Different issues are visible in the different scrum boards. No issues overlap.

Suggest an answer