Spent Versus Planned Report Issue

Simon Carroll November 16, 2017

We are currently testing the spent versus planned report and one of my developers has entered planned time against a project but it is not showing on the report.

What it looks like is that his 6.5 hours a day on project A is being rolled up into Project B which is the last project for the day he is putting in 1 hour.

It seems that what ever project is the last one put in for the day gets the whole planned time.

We have developers working on multiple projects per day including support and maintenance so can you please help as we think this is a really beneficial report to show if we are and where we are getting dragged away from delivering developments on time.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Ofira Daniel November 26, 2017

I never saw this .

Are you logging hours on sub task level ?

Simon Carroll November 26, 2017

No we are logging planned time at the project level not ticket or subticket

Ofira Daniel November 26, 2017

User should log work on issue level (sub task)

Issue is connected to project .

In this way you will get the spend vs. Actual .

Just for my curiosity , how do you log work on project level ?

Simon Carroll November 26, 2017

Daniel,

We log all actual time at the ticket or subticket level.

We are currently testing logging all planned time at the project level. 

The reason for logging planned time at project level is that 1/. we have support and maintenance tickets that are assigned that will be potentially be unknown at the planning time. 2/. I want to have the team work on tickets with a view to the whole project thus developing code for any ticket that telates to the section of code that they are on

The Jira system allows you to plan at project level but from my initial testing it is not working properly.

I could provide some screen shots if that would help?

Simon Carroll February 13, 2018

Daniel,

just wanted to to see if you have an answer for this or could direct me to an appropriate area?

Cheers

simon

Ofira Daniel February 28, 2018

No , you are facing something that we also and we don`t have solution yet . 

In my case , I have situations where development is done by one team and testing by other ...

Suggest an answer