Special Export

Benjamin Schulz October 11, 2021

Dear community,

I'm a beginner but I can't find a solution so far...

I have a special question:

for our internal system to issue invoices we want to export data from JIRA in excel. E.g. a project, different users are working on it in the week. Every user tracks his/her time used for the task in the task. After the week we want to export following data.

Jira Task code

Jira Task name

Custom Task  number

all Users

Time used per task per day per assigne/user

tracked date and start time / end time

Description of what has been done

Do I need a plugin for that? Which one is best? Maybe free...

Does somebody have an idea how to do? Step by step...

Thanks and best!

Benjamin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Benjamin Schulz and welcome to the community!

I'll try to reply for every business requirement:

• Jira Task code - if you mean issue key, then jira can do that
  • Jira Task name - jira can do that
  • Custom Task number - jira can do that, if it's the same with Jira Task Code. If not, please clarify
  • all Users - jira can do that, but it's a bit vague this sentence of yours. What exactly do you mean "all users"? All users that belong to a project? All users who worked within a week? You have to be a bit more precise.
  • Time used per task per day per assigne/user - Jira can't do that. Jira can export the total original estimation, total time spent, and total remaining of each issue, but not per day and per user. For this you will need an app.
  • tracked date and start time / end time - jira can do that but you have to set it up on your workflow with automation first
  • Description of what has been done - jira can do that, if you mean the description of each issue/task/subtask

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Benjamin Schulz October 12, 2021

Dear @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

thanks for the answer. That helps me a lot. And sorry for vague questions!

So for my requirement it doesn't work. Which App can export all this data at once? We want to avoid to do three different export to get the outcome we want. Otherwise we will take care of it with a separate excel list. But this isn't quite efficient as we track all data in JIRA too.

Time used per task per day per assigne/user

and also:

Issue key

Jira Task name

Custom Task number (we added a field to enter our specific task number - separate system) --> in general custom fields

Description

tracked start / end time of used time

All users that worked on projects the in one week/day

Do you have any idea?

Best

Benjamin

P.S.: Attached are the fields we need from each user. The yellow marked ones are custom fields.Screenshot 2021-10-12 143544.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

I'm not familiar with all reporting apps and their functionalities. To be honest, this is a task for you to try and decide which app suits best your needs. Keep in mind that all apps come with an evaluation period of 30days or more. During this period you will have a full functionable app to try out and discover it.

• It doesn't suit your needs? Uninstall it before evaluation period is over.
  • Do you like it? Keep it an manage how you are going to pay for it.
  • Finally, there are also some free apps which might suit your needs. Have a look at them as well.

You can always try and see if the following apps provide what you want:

Like Benjamin Schulz likes this
Benjamin Schulz October 13, 2021

Dear @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

thanks a lot for your effort!

1 vote
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Benjamin Schulz ,

I realize this answer is late, but check out Better Excel Exporter for Jira, it can export most of your requirements with its default template, issue-navigator-with-worklogs.xlsx, it looks like this:

jira-issues-selected-fields-with-worklogs.png

What is not exactly what you want from this, you can customize, check out our documentation about customization here, but you can also ask our support for help!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events