Special Board for a customer

Art Sochnev November 17, 2020

Hi, all

I have the next challenge:

There are 5 projects: A, B, C, D, E
Each project has it's own epics and stories, workflows

I need to create a separate project where a customer can see all epics from all mentioned projects with their status and also he should have the ability to create new epics in this new project (for potential features) and "assign" this epics to mentioned projects. 

The first part of the question seems to be easy:
create a project F with  the query

project in (A,B,C,D,E) AND issuetype = Epic

but what should i do with status' mapping as each project has it's own workflow and how can i create new epic in project F so that it appears in project A for example

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi Art - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't think you need a new project. You can probably accomplish what you want with just a new board. 

You will need to create a filter as you described: project in (A,B,C,D,E) AND issuetype = Epic

Then create a new board and use the filter you created for the new board. 

Now, when you say that each project has it's own workflow, do you mean that Epics in each project follow different workflows with different statuses? 

If so, you will need to add each status of all of the workflows to the Columns on the board. 

Hi, John. Thank you for your help.
There is a strong requirement: new project (but the flow is clear for me how to set it up). And what about second case where i need to create new epic. Some time this epic should be visible only in this new project, but after customer's approve this epic should also appear in project A for example

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

If you create a new project, are you getting rid of the existing 5 projects? If not, then you are duplicating cards to show up in multiple projects. 

If you are getting rid of the 5 projects and merging them into one project, that would be a good idea. 

Otherwise, I don't understand the relationship between the existing 5 projects and the new project. 

Each project for a special purpose. 
New project - to keep all epics from all projects in one place and keep them under control. Plus the main reason for a new project - to create new features (epics), work on them some time and move them to a needed project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

So it sounds like you can create the new Project. Then create all new Epics under that project. 

Then you need to create a board that shows all Epics across all 6 projects. Correct? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events