Some text + task name

Надежда Баженова April 16, 2021

Hi!

Сan I use automation to do this case? Add some text to the task name if the condition is true.

For example, in the "Platform" field I set value "Android" -> the text "Android" will be added to the task name (Android task_name). 

If the condition is false, the task name remains unchanged (task_name).

Is it possible?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Hi @Надежда Баженова

Yes, you can do this with Automation.

Create an Issue Created trigger

Add in a Condition for field  Platform = Android

Add a New Action for Edit Issue

In the summary field use the text: {{issue.customfield_xxxxxxx}} {{issue.summary}}

where the xxxxx is the id of your custom Platform field. 

Or you can use{{issue.Platform}} {{issue.summary}}

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Yes, I believe you can.

You need to decide what your trigger is. Can this be done one time when the issue is created, or do you also need to consider that the Platform field value could be changed later and you would need to update the Summary?

After deciding on the triggers, you would add a Condition to check the value of the Platform field.

Then you would add an Action to Edit the issue. You can use Smart Values to get the current value of the Summary field.

Reference document: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

0 votes
Надежда Баженова April 19, 2021

Thanks for the answers!

I used Smart Values and it works.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Great!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events