Smart values question

Naama Betzalel September 8, 2022
hey all
hope everyone are doing well
smart values question:
i have a value that is originated form a field of dropdown list for example 06:00 (it represents time - yet we did it in a drop down list of values and not in datetime picker)
is there any way to convert it to time in smart values?
(i managed to convert it to number - but eventually i want it based on time zone)
thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022
Naama Betzalel September 8, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

thank you - yes i looked and couldn't find any option there that will allow me to convert a value to time or a number to time

thank  you for your help and fast respond 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Naama Betzalel in Jira you can't have an only time field. Has to be date/time picker. So my two cents is that you have to work with two fields in order to get the time.E.g.

You have a date field called "Date". And you have the dropdown list of time called "Dropdown Time". I think that it could worth a shot of concatenating the two fields to a new variable so as to get a results of "dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm a" (where a = pm/am). Then you will try to format that variable.

There could be a chance of having to copy the new variable to a date field prior of getting the time. 

Naama Betzalel September 11, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  

yes - i think you are right and there is no other option 
appreciate you help 

i will try to do automation on this one

thank you

Na'ama  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD