Smart Values to linked itens

Suporte JRetail August 19, 2022

Is there any smart values that work for linked itens, without doing an mult-project rule? Any like {{linked.issue.key}} or {{linkedissue.status}}? Can anyone help me with that?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Suporte JRetail 

Is this part of an Automation Rule?

How are you getting the linked issues?

If you use a branch to get the linked issues, then you use {{issue}} to reference the current linked issue within the branch and {{triggerIssues} to reference the issue that triggered the rule.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 1.26.13 PM.png

If you get the linked issues using the Lookup Issues action, then refer to the docs on how to access issues in that data set. Here's a starting point.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Lookup-issues

Suporte JRetail August 19, 2022

Yeah sorry, it's an automation, so if I use this branch rule am I able to edit the linked item without making an mult-project rule, or am I just able to use smart values based on the linked itens?

Like Livia Leao Castro likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

You can edit the items without making a multi-project rule. The multi-project rule setting applies to the triggering of the rule, not the actions that you take in the rule after it has been triggered.

Like Francielle Ferreira likes this
Suporte JRetail August 22, 2022

I didn't know that, this will help me in so many things, Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events