Smart Value For The Share Button ?

Michael July 13, 2021

Hi, 

Would anyone know the smart value for the Share button ? 

Share Button.JPG

I'm looking to build automation rule that when a user is added as share they also get added to the request "Request participants" field 

Any help much appreciated

Michael 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Michael ,

the share button isn't really doing that much, I believe it is just sending a link to the user you are sharing with (but doesn't really grant them access to the issue).

If the user is a customer then you can share it with them by adding them to the "request participants" field and if they are a user/agent they would be added as watchers.

so I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do but you should just be able to use the request participants field or the watchers.

Michael July 13, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Thanks for the quick answer.

So, I have a issue security scheme setup so people can only view there JSM requests they log from within Jira.

The issue I'm having at the moment is that Jira software users sometimes access the JSM request from within Jira and they don't have access to the the request participants field as they are not agents. So instead they use the shared button from within Jira thinking it will share the request with another user. 

So I was hoping to put together automation rule for the service desk project to automatically add people to the request participants field when the share button is completed

Michael 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

I get it, that's a common problem I run in to too. You have internal users that also act as customers but when they are in JSM they log in as users and not thru the portal causing the "no permission" .

Sadly the share button is intended for the internal interface too instead of a portal link.

Imho, if a user (with a JSW license) is a customer the system should just redirect them to the correct view when they click the internal link but sadly that's not the case.

Requets participants tho would still only allow them access from the portal (as it is what triggers the share button on the portal and not the internal one)

They should be sharing it from the portal tho and that would add it automatically to the request participants.

I'm afraid that if they are only known as collaborators (no JSM license) they wont have a way to share the issue from the agent/developer interface

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Michael July 13, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans thanks for the explanation, that's what I was thinking. 

I guess I will have to wait and see if its changed in the future. 

Cheers for the quick responses 

Michael

Suggest an answer