Simulate time lapse on Burndown chart

Cynertia September 18, 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to demo a burndown chart using Jira Agile. I have set up stories and sprints but when I start sprint #1 and I take the stories to the done state, all the story points decrement is done on the current date.

Is there any way to simulate the stories are being "done" on a concrete future date... so the burndown chart looks more "typical"?

Thenks

2 answers

0 votes
Cynertia September 24, 2013

Hi all, could anyone provide some more information about this issue beyond what Daryl said?

My request is to know if there is any workaround which allows me to control the date in which a closed issue (story, epic, etc.) is considered close. That happens when you want to correct mistakes on the flow of issues in the Kanban board, want to see the effects of a "what-if" simulation in the burndown chart, etc.

Any help is very welcome!

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2013

Hi Cynertia

Referring to your issue, there is already a feature request being raised : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-1187 which is related to Evidence Based Scheduling (EBS)

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher in order to receive any latest updates from the developer and feedback from other user that is facing the same issue.

Cheers :)

Cynertia September 19, 2013

Hi Daryl,

I have supported that request and I skip-read the article, although I do not understand how Evidence Based Scheduling is related to being able to set in which date the points for a story are substracted. Can you please show me?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer