Simplifying the workflow of my board

shira avron November 20, 2013

Hello everyone,

My team has been using Jira for bug tracking and wants to start using Green Hopper (Jira Agile) to manage our releases.

I alrwady have a project from our latest release where we managed our defects. Since we have defects in backlog we want to handdle during our new release, I created our board with assigning this defect project to it.

the thing is, the borad was created without the simplified workflow so i can't move stories and tasks around in the 'work' pannel. I went to 'configurations -> Columns' and there i have a 'simplify workflow' button.

When i click it, it warns me that all the items in my board (defects, epics i added and user stories i added) are about to change.

Now, i don't mind the epics and user stories, since i just added them, but how does this affect my defects? they are all part of a project we just finished in last release and i don't want to riun them in anyway.

Thanks!

Shira

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Tim is right, but it likely won't affect anything. I'd say you can go ahead. If there was a big problem, JIRA wouldn't let you activate the simplify button.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

The only way to know how it will affect is to try it on a test instance and check if you like the change or not.

0 votes
shira avron November 23, 2013

Thanks Both.

I decided to first try it out with a dummy project, which i added several defects to. After i changed it to simplefied workflow i verified i can keep working on the defects the same.

Then i changed my real project - it took maybe 10 seconds and so far everything seems to be in place

I Appreciate your answers!

Suggest an answer