Simplified workflows

How many steps(statuses) can be included in a workflow before it's not considered simplified? I know a simplified workflow is essentially a scrum board with a few steps(open,in prog.,closed) that you can drag issues across, but can you have four or five steps with that same set up and ability?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

If your project was created together with a board via the GreenHopper 'Getting Started' page, it will probably use a simplified workflow that:

• has three default steps for Scrum boards: To Do, In Progress, Done. Or,
  • has four default steps for Kanban boards: Backlog, Selected for Development, In Progress, Done.

However, you can always create your own workflow and simplify it or if you already have the default simplified workflow for that project, add new statuses from within GreenHopper. :)

You can see more about this here: Using GreenHopper Simplified Workflow.

0 vote

"Simplified" refers to how it works, not it's actual complexity. I'm not sure that "simplified" is the best choice of words for what this function does. Basically, you can have as many, or as few status as you need. The "simplified" bit refers to "there is no actual workflow, you can got from any status to any other", with basic and standard conditions, validations and post-function. Also, system admins don't get involved any more - *project* admins can define the columns

One of our mob has already defined a "simplified" flow with nearly 30 status. Works really well for what they're doing...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,192 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you