Sidebar missing shortcuts

Alex McCracken April 26, 2018

Hello, I have two separate Kanban boards, one shows all of the sidebar icons i.e. Backlog, Kanban board, Releases, Issues, Components and Add-ons showing on Board A but the other, Board B, is just showing Kanban board and Reports.

If I change the Board B's Board Saved Filter to the same filter as Board A then I get these options but then it shows me a different project's issues. If I replicate Board A's settings but change them to the relevant project I still don't see the missing options.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

@Alex McCracken, are project A and project B of the same type. If say project B is of type Business and Project A of type Software that may explain it. Business projects don't have all of the 'software' functions, e.g kanban, backlog, releases, etc. You can add a Kanban board and then add a shortcut but differences remain.

Alex McCracken May 4, 2018

You cracked it @Jack Brickey, the projects are different (it always the simple thing that you miss)

Thank you very much

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

good to hear. if you would please select the checkmark beside the answer. have a great day.

Like Brian Lewis likes this
0 votes
Lee Vallone July 8, 2020

Same issue - Jira Server v7.x - left sidebar links missing in Kanban board

Solution:

Refined query to limit to a single project (e.g. project = XYZ)

Sidebar links magically appeared

0 votes
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

Hi Alex,

Probably the filter used in Board B, returns issues, but not in the conditions of Backlog, Releases or Components, for example. Probably, the filter of the Board A, returns issues that are linked and have relation with this options in the menu.

Did you tried to replicate the filter of the Board A in the Board B, using same conditions, but referencing the project of the Board B?

If so, could you please send us the filters, so I can take a look?

Alex McCracken May 1, 2018

Hi Gabriel,

The project filters appear to be exactly the same but one board is missing the sidebar icons (project B)

Project A (correct) - project = BSD ORDER BY Rank ASC

Project B (incorrect) - project = HOE ORDER BY Rank ASC

Any ideas?

Thank you

Alex McCracken May 4, 2018

Anyone have a solution please?

jamie rosenfield June 26, 2018

Same issue. Don't recall what changed but at one point the board showed the Releases shortcut and now it doesn't! All projects referenced in the filter are Software projects

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2018

@Jamie Rosenfield, i would suggest opening a new question on this. In Alex's case the issue was he was working w/ Business project for which there are no releases. that doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Suggest an answer