Sidebar keeps disappearing in New Jira

Arturs Malnieks January 19, 2018

Good day,

I have an issue - whenever I go to a different Jira board/ project/issue etc. my lefthand sidebar disappears, if I refresh the page it appears again. I have tried to clear cache but without any success. 

Could you please help me? What could be the problem? Currently, I am limited to old Jira due to this issue but I find New Jira quite pleasing.

5 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Please try clearing cache on chrome. 

Tried that one (as mentioned in the description) - didn't work, unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Sorry missed that. So does the sidebar truly disappear or collapse? Screenshots?

I would not be surprised if there were browser compatibility issues here. If that is what is happening I would open a ticket with Atlassian  support. 

It is really weird because it works fine in Incognito mode, but when clearing cache in normal mode - nothing changes.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/3112290/9e7d84ea05cd14c2dc7376d78c9230fc

0 votes
Umang Savaliya July 27, 2020

Hi All,

In my case... I am able to reproduce in both normal and incognito mode.

After disable all extension it's working fine but in firefox I am still able to reproduce this issue.

image.png

Thanks!

0 votes
Predrag Stojanović March 23, 2020

Hi All,

Try to disable one of the extensions you have in chrome.

My happens to be extension for youtube. Soon as I've set it to work only on youtube website, kanban board is displayed correctly.

artemym March 23, 2020

That worked! The extension likely targeted a youtube sidebar by id or class, but JIRA sidebar may have similar identifiers, so it hid it too. That would also explain why JIRA worked in incognito, since extensions are disabled there.

Thanks!

Like Predrag Stojanović likes this
0 votes
artemym March 3, 2020

I'm also experiencing this problem. Incognito works, but regular chrome and firefox (both on latest version) don't.

Among a bunch of warnings, I'm getting what seem to be a bunch of ReactJS errors in the devtools console about injecting styles during component mounting.

I'm using the free tier cloud version of JIRA.

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hi there,

are you the only one experiencing this problem?

What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Hey!

I am the only one in the company experiencing the problem. I am using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). 
I just tried Firefox and everything seems to work fine, but this doesn't really solve my problem - too much dependence on Google :)

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hi,

it's fine, you won't have to "send your chrome to a farm to live with all the other chromes". :)
Have you tried incognito mode?

If that work, perhaps it's a caching problem and you can just empty the cache.

Incognito mode works, cleared cache through Inspect>Application>Clear Storage>Clear site data. Still no success 
Superbly weird

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

It is indeed. Clearing the cache should be just like incognito.

Something like this happened to me once (not Atlassian related) and it turned out to be some sort of Chrome bug that was fixed by the next update.

Not sure how dependent you are on chrome, could you try the 32bit version or reinstalling?

Could you test the same chrome version on a different machine maybe?

I will try something out, maybe will just reinstall the chrome and see what happens :) Thanks for suggestions! 

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

Sure,

any time.

Let me know if it works for you, maybe other would run into the same issue.

Suggest an answer