Showing only the first line of the description in Kanban board view

ABDERHALDEN Marco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

Hello,

on the Kanban board, I have a custom view were it shows the "description" of the Epic. I used to have only the first line of the description shown (as a sort of current status, e.g. next meeting in CW20, bold an red).

Since a few months, the whole text in the description is shown in the Board view, which clusters up the board. Funny thing is, on certain Epics it shows all of the description (even though it has 10 lines or more) and on others only a part (even if they are shorter).

Is there a possibility to go back to just show the first line of the description (or first three lines).

Thanks and BR

Marco

1 answer

0 votes
Susanna Babayan March 13, 2024

Hi Marco!

I guess the Description field was added to be shown in your board. And in some cases the whole description shows up since it fits the card size.

Can you check if in Configure Board > Card Layout the Description field is added?

ABDERHALDEN Marco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

Hi Susanna,

thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have added the Description field in the Card Layout a long time ago. But how can I change the size of the card in that case? As said, I previously only saw the first line of it (basically used it as a short status bar), now it shows a lot more or even the whole Description (which could take the whole monitor height).

Susanna Babayan March 13, 2024

Marco, 

I'll let others confirm, but as far as I know you cannot specify the card size (just the layout). since you added the Description field, Jira shows the whole description. maybe you'll need to remove it

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events