Show sprints of different projects in one view

Ivo BRABEC July 24, 2017

Hi, 

we are working in parallel on several projects, each having its own weekly sprint. 

Since the same developers sometimes work on more than one project, I would like to see as the manager all the tasks in all active sprints in one window = ie. being able to open "active sprints" but without the project limitation. 

Is it doable somehow?

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Hi Ivo

Save a JQL query of Sprint in openSprints() and then create a board (which is just a "view") using that saved query. You could specifiy the projects to restrict it further if required

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Adding to Warren's recommendation here. I would suggest doing this with either a dashboard or a Kanban board based on your preferance.

With the Kanban approach, as Warren indicates, simply create a filter of openSprints and then create the board based upon that filter. Note, if there are projects that you do not want to see on the board then be sure to factor that into the filter.

Personally, I like the dashboard approach. It allows me to create a 'management' view that has several useful pieces: sprint progress, burn downs, filtered lists, etc. Too you can organize the views to meet your needs. If you have 3 or less projects then you can arrange each project in a column which is nice.

0 votes
Yugank Bhatnagar July 25, 2017

Hi

You may try the following approach

As suggested above save a filter by running JQL Sprint in openSprints()

Then, in the dashboard section->select Filter Results gadget and add to your dashboard and selecting the Saved Filter as the one saved in previous step.

Select Columns to display required as you wish and save the changes.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Suggest an answer