Show epic - story - task

Joju S December 4, 2017

How can I show all epics/features and associated stories for a particular release?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

Hi @Joju S,

You can use a JQL query to create a filter returning all issues in a release. 

Example:  fixVersion = 0.0.0.0

Then, you can use your query in a dashboard or board to have additional views of the same data.

Is that what you mean?

Hope that helps,

Rachel Wright

Joju S December 4, 2017

Pardon my ignorance - do I need a plug-in to run JQueries?

Joju S December 5, 2017

@Rachel Wright

How do I execute this query?   I cannot find an option on our screens.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

the details depend on your version of Jira and associated UI (new or old). But basically as follows:

Issues > Search for Issues > Advanced

project = xxx and fixVersion = x.y.z

If the Fix Version spans projects then you can omit the project or include all projects.

Joju S December 5, 2017

That worked!    Thank you @Jack Brickey

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

The easiest way is to mark the Epics with the appropriate release information. If you can't do that, you will need a plugin like JQL Tricks to find Epics based on the release information on stories/tasks.

Joju S December 4, 2017

I can add release information to an Epic but where would I be able to see the rel-epic-feature-story?

Suggest an answer