Show all tickets in a project that are 14 Days out of date and have not been updated by me

Russell Haynes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

I am trying to create a search to show all tickets in a certain project that have not been updated for at least 14 days and also ignore any comments I may have made when I was asking for an update.

My current is such:

project = "XXX" AND component = "XXX" AND issuetype = Story AND status not in (Done, Rejected, Backlog, Ready, "To Do") AND issuekey in updatedBy("XXX", "-14d")

Obviously I have removed some items for company reasons and replace some areas with "X" for the same reason.

Does anyone know how to help.

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hello @Russell Haynes 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

To find issues that have not been updated in any way in the past 14 days you would use:

updated < -14d

Native Jira JQL options don't provide a method to ignore updates from just Comments.

Some third part apps extend the capabilities of JQL. There may be one that would add functionality to achieve your requirement, but I don't know of a specific one. I was looking at ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud. It has functions to look at Comments. One filters by comment author. Another filters by comment date. But there is not one that looks at both the author and the date of a comment in the same function. You would need such a function to ignore the comments made in a specified time period by only one author.

0 votes
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Russell Haynes 

Alternatively, if you are looking for issues not updated in a particular field (example status) in the past 14 days, you can use something like below:

project = CM and status CHANGED AFTER "2024-02-01".

Hope this helps! Thanks!

Suggest an answer