Show Jira status on WBS Gantt-Chart

Lawrence Lam August 14, 2020

I like to add a column to the WBS Gantt-Chart to show Jira issue's status (e.g. ToDo, In progress, Done).  I don't seem to find a field to add to the gantt columns in the "Gantt Configuration".  Can someone please let me know how this can be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Hello, @Lawrence Lam 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question. To Add Columns on your Gantt-Chart, please follow the steps provided on our Documentation Article - Gantt column settings.

@Jira Guru, thank you very much for the link provided. Unfortunately, the Documentation Article refers to the Server version of our plugin, which has some differences from the Cloud one used by @Lawrence Lam.

If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

Jeanne Higgins December 21, 2020

I would like to know how to add a text field custom column such as notes or comment to my WBS Gantt using Jira Cloud.  I need this functionality and the prior articles mentions you can add a customer single text field, but does not show you how to do this so how do I do this?

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hello, @Jeanne Higgins 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and responding to this Community Question.

As noted in this Documentation Article - Gantt column settingsit is not possible to add a text field custom column such as notes or comment to the Cloud version of WBS Gantt-Chart. This feature is only available to the Server version of our plugin.

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Quadros | Support Engineer

Ricksoft Support Team

Will this functionality ever be rolled out to the Cloud version of WBS Gantt-Chart?

What about the comments column can I add a comment into this field?  Right now when I display the comments column if has {comments:[]."maxResults"....  and when I try to edit this column (gantt configuration->columns) it shows it as "Read Only" and when I edit the column configuration it says its "Read Only" so is there a way to make the Operation editable for this column?

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

Hello, @Jeanne Higgins 

As informed before, it is not possible, at the time, to add a text field custom column to the Gantt-Chart. We have reported this behavior and suggested a solution to our development team to implement it at a code-level:

WGCCPT-137 - Ability to add a Text Field Custom Column 

• We linked this Community Question to the suggestion reported for the development team's reference and priority alignment.
  • At the moment, we can't set an ETA for the implementation to be released since it will depend on the team's backlog and analysis of the suggestion's complexity. That's why we suggest you add yourself as a watcher on that page to vote for this feature implementation and receive all future updates from our development team.

If Public Tracker site pages do not render as expected, please try incognito mode or switch the browser to display. Also, it will be required a separate sign up for watching in Public Tracker. Click the 'Login' option placed in the right navigation column and go to the 'Sign Up' link. Next, click 'See the old view' to display the watch option.

We understand that not having a workaround for this behavior is not optimal, but let's give our developers some time to investigate and implement this suggestion.

In addition to that: the Column that you add is on a Read-Only mode because WBS Gantt-Chart does not have the ability to edit/add a Text Field Custom Column on it.

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

0 votes
Jira Guru
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events