Show Incidents in Kanban Board for Service Desk

Marco May 28, 2019

So i created a new Service Desk Projekt. No special settings in it. After this i wanted to create a kanban board that displays all of the tickets that are in the service desk. 

The Service Desk has the Issue Types: Incident, Problem, Task and SubTask.

The Tasks and Subtasks are displayed fine in the Kanban Board but how can i get the board to also display he Incidents and Problems?

1.jpg2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

Hi @Marco

I guess the Kanban board's filter doesn't include Incident and Problem issue types. Can you please check your board filter? You may need to edit it to include all issue types, see Configuring filters.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Marco May 29, 2019

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ 

i just checked the filter and it is the default "project = "OR" ORDER BY Rank ASC"  and this filter also shows me all 1.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

Thanks for these screenshots, it's helpful. What is your Kanban board sub-filter?

Can you also check your incidents and problems status? Are these statuses mapped to any column in your board (see Configuring columns)?

Marco May 29, 2019

The Kanban Board Subfilter is the default one: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY . I tried to change it to issuetype with all of the 4 types or completely removing the filter but it did not help.

All of the Issues are currently in the status open but not even mentioned in the column configuration (sorry for the german language in the screenshot)

29-05-_2019_13-07-44.jpg

The Board is stored in a Softwareproject and i just though of adding the issue types to this project but that did also not help.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2019

Hi Marco,

Maybe try removing the sub-filter completely just to see what happens? Then you can put it back in. 

Also, in what status are the Incident and Problem issues?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2019

All of the Issues are currently in the status open but not even mentioned in the column configuration (sorry for the german language in the screenshot)

@Marco - do you mean that the status in which are the incidents and problems is not mapped to any column? What if you transition an incident or problem to a status that is mapped to one of the columns, do they appear on the Kanban board?

Marco June 2, 2019

@John Funk removed the subfilter but still no incident/problem displayed. The Incident was in status open (like the task and subtask) @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ and i also tried to change it to in Progress. 

What i meant was that you can see in the screenshot there is no unassigned status. and in Open (offen in german) there are 2 issues shown, which are the task and the subtask. so that means that the board does not "care about" the incident and the problem so far at all. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2019

Very perplexing! Do the different issue types use different workflows? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2019

I'm also quite perplex @John Funk!

@Marco - I don't have any Jira with both Jira Software + Jira Service Desk to try it out right now, but do you have a "View on board" button on your incidents and problems?

viewonboard.png

Marco June 3, 2019

they had different workflows but that did not do anything since i tried to give the inc/prob the same workflow as the tasks. 

I cannot find a "view on Board" Option in our cloud instance. 

But what i did find out now is that if i create an incident while i'm on the board i get this message "Your issue XXX has been created but is not currently visible on the board"

i found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/your-issue-xxx-has-been-created-but-is-not-currently-visible-on-the-board-779158973.html but it did not really help at all.

tried to create a scrum board now too with the same result. it's totally strange. And also in the scrum board the filter in the board configuration shows all of the issues, but the board just the tasks. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2019

Oh ok, you're on Cloud - I thought you were on Server. I've just reproduced your use case and it's working fine (KB = Jira Software project, MJ = Jira Service Desk project):

board.pngCould you please share a screenshot of your board settings > General tab?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2019

Marco - can you post a screenshot of the workflow for one of the types that is not showing up? 

Also, is the status Backlog in your workflow? Is the Backlog status mapped to your board? That message will show up if you have it go to Backlog on create but that status might not be shown. 

Marco June 3, 2019

oh finally it worked! it was something with the workflow. although all of the issue types had already the same workflow i just created a complete new one and assigned it to all of the issue types and now i can see all of the issues. 

Thanks to all of you! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2019

Great! Glad it finally worked for you.  :-)

Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so this one gets closed out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer