Several improvements for Kanban board

Christopher Cudennec November 25, 2020

Hi everyone!

I'd like to share some of my ideas with regards to the Kanban board / workflow. I know a lot of workarounds for the following problems but would like to see them solved by the tool that we work with.

(1) Why "Other issues"?

I'd like to use story based swimlanes because we use subtasks a lot to organize our work. I don't understand why issues without subtasks are not shown according to their priority in my backlog.

(2) Can't simply change priority

I'd like all the issues to be shown in the backlog view to be able to change priority. Unfortunately they disappear after their state changes.

(3) Action "move to baord" should add at the bottom

When using Kanban it is strange to find issues that were moved to the board at the very top of the list. I'd expect them to be appended at the bottom as next item to be done.

(4) Show epics in board view

Why can't I see epics when changing to the board view? I can find them only in my backlog view.

(5) Easy way to move items from the board when finished

Issues will disappear from my board after a while. There is no simple action to make them disappear after we discusses the item in our team. We still need to wait a couple of days.

These are just some ideas. Maybe there are more than us that feel that the Kanban integration could be improved.

What's the best way to make suggestions? Should I create issues for the product?

Cheers,

Christopher

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

@Christopher Cudennec  ,the best way to pass this to Atlassian product team is to raise suggestion requests in support.atlassian.com  

Christopher Cudennec November 26, 2020

Thanks! I'll try to find out which issues have already been posted!

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events