Setting up Epics in Greenhopper 5.0

Bilaal March 25, 2013

We're following instructions for setting up epics in Greenhopper 5.0.

The first series of instructions "Installing the Labels plugin" indicates that for step 4 we must "Remove any jira-greenhopper-plugin-*.jar from your {JIRA_INSTALL}/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory."

Why are we removing the greenhopper plugin? How do we maintain the greenhopper tab while allowing for epics? Is there something I'm not understanding here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi Bilaal,

May I know what is the current JIRA version that you are currently running on? Anyway, looking at the referred documentation, I see that you are looking at the documentation for GreenHopper 5.0. And from our Marketplace, it looks like GreenHopper 5.0 is compatible for JIRA 4.1 to 4.1.2. Hence, may I know if this is the current JIRA version that you are currently running on?

Anyway if you are running on JIRA 4.1.x, kindly note that almost all plugin should be deployed in the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory. And this includes the GreenHopper plugin. Prior to JIRA 4.0 (3.13.x or earlier), all plugins was installed in the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory. And due to this, the documentation stated that you should remove the GreenHopper plugin .jar file from the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory, and place it in $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins instead.

I hope that this will clarify your concern here.

Bilaal March 27, 2013

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your help! We are using JIRA 4.1 and Greenhopper 5.0.

I'll try out your suggestion.

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

Great! Kindly let usk now how it goes.

Bilaal March 28, 2013

Ahmed,

We see the plugin is deployed in both locations. However, when we remove it in WEB-INF/lib directory, the Agile tab disappears.

Is there an additional configuration that we need to make?

Suggest an answer