Setting Access Permissions based on Epics

Ellie Blacklock July 26, 2019

Hi, I've recently starting using Jira to manage the development of an app. This consists of interactions with 3 external parties. As such, I want to minimise which parties can see what tickets on my kanban boards.

Is there a way of doing this based on the type of Epic it is? 

If not, could someone give me some guidance as how to change the access permissions on separate boards.

I also find that if a create a new board within my existing Project all of the tasks raised transfer over - is there a way of stopping this?

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2019

Hi Ellie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use a different filter with each board to modify which issues show up on each board. 

Then you can grant different permissions to each filter to allow different users to see different boards. 

You can certainly have a filter for a board that just shows all of the issues in an epic - would like like this: "Epic Link"= "ABC-123"

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2019

Hi @Ellie Blacklock ,

You can modify 'share' permission for board and use JQL filter to give needed issues.

Look here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-a-board-938845252.html

B.R.

Suggest an answer