Set icon, per-message with JIRA automation?

Mark Haller May 7, 2021

I know I can customise the Slack icon used with the JIRA Automation Slack channel posting - and I'm using it now, on a few automations.  I've set the icon that I want in the webhook settings in Slack - great.

What I now want to do is change that icon within the JIRA Automation rule based on IF criteria.

I can see in the webhook notes you can set it in the JSON payload:

However, I cannot see how to incorporate this into the rule in JIRA.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hi there,

Developer from Automation here. 

We don't currently support provided the icon_url in our slack action, you might be able to get it working using webhook/request action and try to integrate with the API through that so you can provide an icon_url. But for the time being this isn't supported in our slack action.

Cheers.

Mark Haller May 14, 2021

Thanks for letting me know, Yvan!  At least I can stop the dead-end try/hunt I had!

I've even thought about creating another webhook, with another icon and then reducing the automation to exclude one criteria, and duplicate/create a new automation to pick up the new criteria, and post to the different (icon) webhook!

You want a laugh?  When a helpdesk ticket is created by customers via email, it creates a ticket in one JIRA project for triage.  Icon is broken heart.   When that ticket has been resolved, everyone is asking me to mend the broken heart icon in Slack! Hahaha

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer