Set current sprint automatically

LorenC February 16, 2015

We're having trouble with issues not being assigned to the sprint.  I've thought of a few solutions to mitigate this but none of them seem to be possible:

• Automatically assign new issues to the current spring.  I've looked at doing this with a post function, but sprint is not one of the fields that can be modified.
  • Automatically set the sprint when assigning the ticket - I don't see any hooks that trigger on assignment.
  • Modify the assign screen so the sprint field is required - this field is not editable.

Are any of the above possible?  Any other ideas for making sure the Sprint field gets set without manual intervention?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2015

No, none of them are possible in Cloud.  Off Cloud, you could script it.

Although you really shouldn't.  The whole point of sprints is that you plan your work.  Not automatically whack all new issues into it automatically.  You might as well throw away planning, and sprinting, and just move to Kanban.

Anuj B September 3, 2019

Suggest an answer