Service desk

Anca Huruiala March 19, 2021

Hello guys! I have a question in regards to the Service desk tickets. My colleague and I are Admins, but whenever I am changing the status of the ticket, I receive an email showing that my colleague made the change.  Would you mind helping me, I can not figure out what settings should I change? Thank you!!! 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi Anca,

What does the history of the ticket say as to who changed it?

Is there any Automation running that might also affect the change?

Is there any post function on the transition to that status that might do that?

Is it just that one status? Or when you change to ANY status? 

Hi John,

1- On the history comments, it says my name, but the status change is stating my colleague's name.

2- I am not sure, I haven't done all the settings. Where should I check this?

3- Hmmm.... Where should I check this?

4- I think it's just when the status changed from Waiting to support-> Waiting for customer. I changed to pending and it's showing my name

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

So if the history is correct, it just sounds like the email is wrong for some reason. 

Who does the email come from? (i.e. the return address)

2. Go to Automation for Jira and look at the list of rules to see if you can find it. If not, then execute a test and then immediately go to the Audit Log and see if anything shows up. 

3. You would edit the workflow itself and check the transition to the status. 

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2021

Hi Anca,

Maybe you have some automation set up for a specific user?

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

It may be a possibility to have some automation settings that I am not aware of....

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events