Service desk members being added to Jira Software

Patrick Lloyd June 28, 2021

We currently have team members from other departments that submit tickets to our help desk. We are now going to give a few of them access to the JIRA software as well.  The issue I am having now is that when I tag someone JIRA with a comment when they try to reply by clicking the link in the email it is taking them to the service desk main page instead of the JIRA ticket.  Did I miss a step or something?  Any help would be appreciated as I am going to be transitioning 10 or so members over to JIRA as well.  

TLDR: Non dev-team members will be submitting tickets and adding comments in the service management portal but will also need to be able to view and comment on JIRA tickets as well. 

Users access pic:

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 13.51.06 PM.png

Where it takes her when she tries to comment on a JIRA ticket, instead of going to the actual JIRA ticket.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 13.52.28 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

I feel your pain. IMO, This is one area that need some attention from Atlassian i.e. managing the commissioning/provisioning of customers.

if you are working to migrate customers so that they can then use Zera then you should always use the “migrate to Atlassian account“ which can be found under User management - Jira Service Management in the Administration area. Not doing this will cause all sorts of issues.

4FCD261F-2ADB-4A2F-9B0E-0D06DCC08488.jpeg

0 votes

@Jack Brickey  Thanks for helping, I think that did it.  And for anyone who needs a visual. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 14.35.37 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Great. Can you verify if there are two instances of the users in your system. That is do they show up in both Jira service management and in the user management section?

next inspect the URL that is in the links and see if it’s pointing to the portal or if it points to the application. 

So I moved over another employee.  On the service desk, it says inactive and in JIRA i set him up for Confluence and JIRA software.

Not sure where to go to inspect the URL.  I do know when he logged into his account it took him to the TPB service desk page instead of one of our boards.  But that may have been before I gave him access to anything.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Hmmm, now that I think about it…if the User is a Customer of a JSM project then they will always be sent to the portal, not the app even if they have JSW access.

Ok,

So they basically need to be like me.  I am not listed as a customer on the service desk but I can still go here and create a ticket.  So I should probably remove them as customers at the service desk. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 13.52.28 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

If they don’t need to be customers on the service desk then yes remove them. However the reason you are directed to the portal I suspect is that you’re an admin. Only agents and admin‘s would be directed to the app. Customers will be sent to portal. Please keep in mind that if users are going to create issues in a JSM project they really should be using the portal (or email) to ensure the proper data is collected. If you want users to use the application to create issues then they need to be sure to add the customer request type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events