Service Desk

IT Support August 16, 2018

Hello,

We have Jira installed and i am installing Servicedesk (3.14.2-x64). I ran the install and chose to upgrade. All goes through fine, but I am unable to access service desk.

Can you help please.

Rob

[Removed by Moderator]

4 answers

0 votes

Thank you,

I have sorted the issue now. I had installed service desk but hadnt logged in to the portal to generate a license.

Thank you

Rob

0 votes

Update. 

When i go to Create Project, there isnt an option to Create a service desk

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

Go to manage applications and check that

• Service Desk is installed
  • Service Desk is licenced and not expired (evaluation is fine)
  • You belong to one of the groups named as a SD user
0 votes

Hi, 

Thank you for your response and removing number.

I'm just not sure how to get to it. 

We had an installation of jira that we use for the boards, so i downloaded and ran the Service desk software. I chose the option to upgrade and went through the install process.

Im just unsure how to actually access the service desk.

Apologies if this is confusing

Rob

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

Hi @IT Support,

I just removed your probably phone number, because this is an public forum and you probably do not want to have it published out here.

What is the problem with accessing Jira Service Desk? Are you not able to create or view a project? Is there an error?

As first step, I suggest to check your Application Permission if you have access to Jira Service Desk at all.

Suggest an answer