Service Desk Queue does not show "Office" field

Richard Ryu August 15, 2018

I've recently added an "Office" column using 'Edit Queue' option in two of my Service Desks. However, one of my Service Desk is not populating "Office" column while the other Service Desk is populating the "Office" column with correct information. I'm assuming that I will need admin privilege, but what changes do I need to make in order to populate the "Office" column in the 2nd Service Desk?

Service Desk that shows office:

office1.PNG

Service Desk 2 that does not show office:

office2.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

have you verified that the issue in SD2 actually have values associated w/ the Office field? In other words is this a display issue or an issue of there not being any data to display?

Richard Ryu August 15, 2018

When I hover around the "reporter" name, I do see information field for the Office. I'm pretty sure the data is there as the list of users are coming from the same server. Not sure if it's relevant, but this is for the server edition of JIRA btw. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

@Richard Ryu can you simply click on one of the issues in the SD2 and see if Office is displayed? Second, if you are comfortable w/ JQL can you go to the search for issues and enter the following, editing the project to match your project name

project = service-desk-2 and Office is not EMPTY

Richard Ryu August 17, 2018

You are right. I was under the impression that the "Office" field is automatically populated through our internal AD. However, it was a drop-down list that the internal customers were selecting and the internal users were not filling them out. This explains the reason why the "Office" field was not populated for the SD2. 

Solution that we're looking into is using the custom field feature to automatically populate the "office" section through our internal AD. Thank you for the suggestions and help.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2018

You are most welcome. If your question is now resolved be sure to click the checkmark above to accept solution as it helps others when they have a similar question. But if you still have question feel free to ask away.

Suggest an answer