Separate Jira instance for marketing

Chris Sweet June 1, 2021

My marketing team wants to use our organization's Jira instance for managing web development of our website.

How can I organize Jira so those users are billed separately from our product/development organization?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Chris Sweet

next to what Chris already said I am wondering what lead to the decision/idea to have a separate site/instance.

Even in large enterprises billing issues should not be something that cannot be sorted out - or are there also technical details of this intended implementation?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

I don't think you can do this - you'd be much better off contacting Atlassian directly to discuss custom billing options, since this is not something supported 'out of the box'.

You're essentially looking to start an entirely separate instance, which would have it's own users, add-ons, etc.  Tickets in one would have no visibility to tickets in another, unless you went through the work of setting up custom infrastructure to support that.

You would end up being charged quite a lot more for this setup, since you're paying for 2 of everything and not getting the user-number discounts that come with higher user counts.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events