Separate Group with its own separate Project

Yaman Shakya April 5, 2020

I want to have a separate group of Users and a separate Project for them which only they can view and access.

All other Users shouldn't be able to view this Project and most importantly these Users must not be able to view and access the existing Projects and Users.

How can I achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
iamkelsishayla April 5, 2020

You'll need to set up a permissions scheme for this group of people. This is where you set up who can view, edit, move, watch, comment etc etc. Then you would assign this scheme to the project that needs it.

The "group" of people can be managed by creating a group in JIRA (managed by JIRA admins only - my less preferred option) or it can be managed in the Project Settings by the Project Lead (and JIRA admins if required)

Option one: Create a group in JIRA under Admin>User Mngmt>Groups. Add the users to the groups by Admin> User mngmt>Users>*person*Actions>Edit groups

Create the permissions scheme granting permissions to the "group" you made. When a new person starts or someone leaves this team you (an admin) will need to be advised and remove this person from the "group" you made.

Second option: Project settings> Users and Roles> Add users and roles (add the team members who need access)

Create a permissions scheme granting the project role "Team Members" or "Administrators" or "Project Lead" or all three. When a new person starts or someone leaves this team the Project Lead will be able to add and remove team members from the Project Settings page (no admin required).

Like Yaman Shakya likes this
Yaman Shakya April 5, 2020

Thanks Kelsi!

Due to urgency, a new site is created as a solution.

But I will refer to yours, if the case arises again.

Really, thanks again.

As an FYI there is also security levels.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events