Select which workflow transitions can be used

Gregory Demotchkine September 23, 2013

We have 2 transitions to arrive to the status Resolved (Ready for Test)

1. From In progress -> Resolved

2. A global transition that permits from any status to go directly to resolved.

The 2nd one is quite rarely used.

The problem in JiraAgile is that when we move cards in Work Mode we don't want to be given a choice for which transition to choose, in this particular case we always want the transition to be the first one.

The second global transition does not apply to the work we do in JiraAgile

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gregory Demotchkine October 9, 2013

Found it.

The key is in the workflow, I made a condition for my global transition that it cannot be executed if status = In Progress. and it works perfectly in JiraAgile, from the "in progress" colonne there's now only one choice when moving to the 'Resolved' column.

0 votes
Gregory Demotchkine October 9, 2013

Found it.

The key is in the workflow, I made a condition for my global transition that it cannot be executed if status = In Progress. and it works perfectly in JiraAgile, from the "in progress" colonne there's now only one choice when moving to the 'Resolved' column.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Hi Gregory,

Hmm, would it be possible to remove the global transition outright from your workflow? Or alternatively, have your project use a workflow that does not have that transition?

Gregory Demotchkine September 25, 2013

That would defeat the purpose of my questions.

The whole point is to use a rich workflow, with certain (special) transitions (sometimes available on to admins) that can cater to different scenarios.

For greenhopper we only need transitions for traditional dev logic To do, In progress, Test, Done.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Sorry, but I dont belive this is possible.

You could create another status as target for the global transition which has the same outgoing transitions as your existing Ready for Test status and don't assign it to a column in Agile.

Gregory Demotchkine September 24, 2013

Thanks... but this workaround will inflate our already large workflow. It'd be strange for testers to have to status 'In Test' , but I suppose it's what I'll have to do.

Suggest an answer