Select List (Cascading) field on Group Custom Field Value

Duarte Meneses September 6, 2022

Hello,

I have a Select List (Cascading) field (let's call it F) where I have something like this:

• Section A
    • Group A
    • Group B
  • Section B
    • Group C
    • Group D

I also have all groups created (A, B, C, D).

Now, I need to give transition permissions to the selected group on that issue. When I'm in those permissions, I select Group Custom Field Value but when I search for the field F I can't find it.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I do this?

Thank you,

Duarte 

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

You cannot do that with cascading fields - because the values are just options, they are not groups. The only similarity to a group is the name.

That is, unless you have some kind of a custom/plugin cascading field which actually does work with groups. Out of box, it's just a select list, no groups.

If that is in fact some kind of a plugin/custom cascading field, then you might want to ask the vendor if they would be able to implement your requirement as a feature (not quite sure if or how it could be done, if the atl. plugin ecosystem allows injecting customfield keys into permissions).

Suggest an answer