Security Permissions

Paul Brohawn November 6, 2017

I'm about to add a number of users to my project and was wondering if there was any way I can limit what the new users can see? I want the new users to only see what is assigned to them w/o changing permissions on the entire project.

Can this be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Something like this is going to require making some significant changes to the project. I think you actually need to modify the permissions if you want to accomplish this at all. 

The easiest way would be to create a new project role that will be occupied by the users you are going to be adding to the project. Modify the permissions so that the role has all the permissions that you want, but then don't give that new role the "Browse project" permissions. Instead, append the "Current Assignee" to the "Browse Project" permissions. 

Now you should have the new role in any permission you want, except for the "Browse Projects". They will now be allowed to modify, edit, ect ONLY the issues they are the assignee on. The change shouldn't take very long.  

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

You have to change permissions on the entire project.

Suggest an answer