Searching for projects JIRAV8.0.2

Mari April 3, 2019

Hi.

I need your support to solve  this user requeriment: We have 10 projects and we need to  filter them by multiple fields, in order to display in the projects screen, only a list with the selected ones,  for example:

Project type. Values: New, updated.

Subtype. Values: New partner, chanel, new structure, etc.

Partner. Values: partner1, partner2, .......

Status. Values: Open, inactive, .....

Thanks a lot in advance!

5 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Great - glad you found a potential solution!

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Hi Mari,

I am very sorry - I misunderstood your original question. I am not away of a way to filter out the list or projects. Nor can you add fields to the project record itself for software projects. 

You might be using Service Desk or another type of project. 

0 votes
Mari April 4, 2019

Hi John.

I just want to tell you that I am reviewing some Plugins in order to satisfy the user requirement for example, the "Project navigator" because it allows to list a lot of projects depending on values of certain fields, previously created or configured in the project by us (customization of fields). 

Please, let me know if you know JUST SIMPLY THE BEST one to can do that! 

I will appreciate it!

Thanks a lot in advance.  

0 votes
Mari April 4, 2019

Hi, John.

Thanks a lot for your atention.

Yes, that is the filter I was looking for, but please let me know the options that allow me to write that JQL for project (I know where to do it for issues)  as well as the way how to store the  values of 11 fields, for example: Type (2 values) , subtype (10 values), partners (n values), status (5 values), etc.. 

Please indicate me options where I can write that JQL for projects configuration, and store the fields mentioned before, because I was looking for in the following options and I didnt find it:

Jira Configuration> project configuration > .........

You answer is very important because the IT Manager need to know this information in order to decide if buy Jira (as soon as possible) or not. 

Regard and thanks a lot again!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2019

Hi Mari,

The filter will probably look something like:

project type in (New, Updated) and Subtype in ("New partner chanel", "new structure", etc.) and partner in ("Partner 1", Partner 2", etc.) and Status in ("Open", "Inactive", etc.) 

Is that what you are looking for?

Suggest an answer