Search inactive reporters

tidus12589 April 12, 2019

Exist any filter to search if on one ticket the reporter doesn't exist?

not empty, for example the user create a ticket and past 2 weeks he leave the company , he is removed to the AD and his user desription appears: The user doesn't exist.

Any solution to filter ?

1 answer

3 votes
Jakob KN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi Joan, 

Depending on how you handle deactivation of users, this would be possible by searching for whether or not the reporter is in a specific group. 

For example, when a user is disabled we remove the user from all groups. 
If you have one group which all Jira users are members of such as "jira-users", you can use thie following JQL:

reporter not in (membersOf(jira-users))

I hope this works for you.

Jessica A April 17, 2019

This worked for me for the most part. There were a couple of results with active users as reporters.

Jakob KN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

Hi Jessica, 

If you get active users in the result this could be caused by:

1) all active Jira users are not in the group "jira-users" (or whichever group you searched with) If you have application access set up for several different groups, this could be the reason for this.

2) some users which should have been deactivated we're only removed form all groups, but not actually deactivated.

Hany G September 13, 2021

I realise this is an old question, but I found another way (building upon what's suggested here) and thought it may be useful for anyone else looking:

• Use the filter with "reporter not in (membersOf(jira-users))" as suggested above to get a list of issues from (mostly) inactive users
  • Export the results as CSV (all fields)
  • Check the 'Reporter Id' column to get the ones you need
  • Create a filter using JQL "reporter in (<1st id>,<2nd id>,<etc.>)" and save it
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer