Search for moved issues

Ana Bolanos November 27, 2019

Our users move issues from one project and issue type to another project and different issue type.

Ex. Project ABC / Bug moved to Project XYC / Change Request

Is there a way to identify these? 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

Going forward, you can configure a notification in the Notification Scheme for Issue Moved events.

Looking back, I don't know of a way through the interface; maybe someone else does. But if not, you can take a look at the moved_issue_key table in the database.

SELECT * FROM jira.moved_issue_key;

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi Ana,

I'm not sure if you have checked this already, but this other post covers a similar question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/View-issues-that-have-been-moved-from-one-project-to-another/qaq-p/790346

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Hello @Carlos Garcia Navarro 

I did searches and didn't find that page. Since I'm not a JIRA admin I cannot run a script. I would need this on an going basis. 

The idea in the page to create a new field "previous project" seems interesting. But, then I still won't be able to use the operators 'was'. We have over 100 projects, therefore, I cannot define the "from" project. 

0 votes

Thanks @Payne . I will share this with my admin see if we can set up notifications.

Suggest an answer