Search for issues due at the same time

Дмитрий Мясников March 19, 2021

Hello everyone!

Intersting with this quirky searching:

How can i search for issues due at the same time (simultaneously) in some dynamic mode, without specifying the exact date?

For example, with this imaginary JQL:

project = ProjectName AND dueDate = simultaneouslyDueDateSearcher()

I will be glad even for a tip to find a solution.

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Depending on what type of values you are wanting to have for that data without plugging in an explicit date, here are some options:

1. There are some "endof..." and "startof..." functions to use for date comparison. See that info in this document.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

2. You can plug in values that will be relative to today like

duedate < -7d

...is Due Date is more than 7 days in the past. You can find that information as well as the functions in #1 in this document:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

there certainly isn't any JQL for this AFAIK. You could run a query and export to excel and use it to find duplicate due dates. With that said, what are you actually trying to achieve here? Maybe there is a different approach to solve it? Obviously you can do thing like due on a certain day, due today, due this week, etc.

Дмитрий Мясников March 21, 2021

I want to create structure in ALM Works plugin Structure + Gantt that will show me tasks that are running concurrently (scheduled for execution on the same date - due date field or another date custom field). And I was pondering if it is possible to make such a JQL query out of the box or if I need to look for another solution, plugin, script, etc.

Suggest an answer