Scrum board - stories listed under "Other Issues"

Aston Martin December 13, 2013

Hi,
I am creating a new scrum board for my team, and from the "Plan" mode I scheduled stories for a sprint.

I now moved to work mode, and few of the stories are wrapped under "Other Issues" while rest of them show up directly under To Do as swimlanes.

I want to move the stories under "Other Issues" because, ideally I would like to view in the below order:

EPIC

>>> Story

>>> >>> Task

For instance during the daily stand-up I would like to go over every story in the swimlane, expand and move the tasks under a story to "In Progress" or "Done".

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darren Warner February 16, 2018

Atlassian created a suggestion for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-66698

Please vote on it!

12 votes
Matias Bruhn Klenz October 11, 2017

I second the request to show issues with no subtasks in a swimlane with just 1 task. I understand form the system why it's not so, but from a user perspective it's stupid and our stories with no subtask suddenly becomes last in sprint order, as they are "stuck" in other issues section at the bottom. 

So right now we're doing a workaround and deliberately adding a dummy subtask just to display our stories in the right order. This is very annoying!

6 votes
Petra Hamarova January 13, 2018

+1 for showing the stories with no sub-tasks in a swimlane and no under the "other tasks" section 

Jason Lobo January 23, 2019

Like Linda Marshall likes this
3 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

I take it you have your board set to display swimlanes based on Stories. In this case, every Story that has sub-tasks will be displayed as a swimlane, with sub-tasks visible in it. Stories without sub-tasks will be displayed under "Other issues" as they don't have content to show in a separate swimlane.

You can set swimlanes to be based on either Stories or Epics under Board > Configure > Swimlanes; however, it's impossible to use three levels (Epic > Story > Task) as you've described.

Jim Rankin June 2, 2014

This helped me. Thank you.

Deleted user November 2, 2015

When swimlanes are set to Stories, the stories without sub-tasks are grouped together in bottom under 'Other issues'. Isn't it be so that those stories (without sub-taks) be shown individually i.e. just that story in that swimlane, since it doesn't have content? That seems more logical and helpful.

gaurikorde February 29, 2016

When swimlanes are defined as user stories and I raised a bug for the userstory, its not displayed under the user story on the Board. Its displayed under 'Other Issues'. Is there any way it can be shown below the story.

Like Perusha_Ramoorthy likes this
1 vote
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

If you really want the three levels above you can get really creative with swimlane filters and components and epic names. It requires a strict data discipline though.

You will however never the a collapsible tree in three levels if that is what you want. Only the whole swimlane can be collapsed.

What you could do is to make filters like

epic is <n> and component is empty

epic is <n> and component is <m>

or epic is <n> and issue is PROJ-1234

It is a lot of work and probably not worth it compared to e.g- quickfilters sorting out each person and other generic criteria.

BR,

Kim

Debasis September 21, 2019

Hello

Unlcked my account plz 

Suggest an answer