Scrum Teams vs Boards - Reporting?

Deleted user April 9, 2021

Hi, 

I'm looking to run an ad-hoc query to show the use of boards by a number of (scrum) teams but I'm unable to find the JQL name that holds the board name. 

I have project and team, just need the board name to tie the query together..Anyone any ideas? 

Thanks

Will

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Hi @[deleted],

You cannot query by board names, unfortunately. If your boards have issues from a single project, then board and project are most likely the same thing.

Company Managed (classic) boards always have a board filter, which you can find in Board Settings - on the General tab. If you use this filter as a starting point, then you should get all the issues related to your board.

For team managed (next-gen) projects, my first statement applies. The board of such a project shows only the issues of a single project, so querying by project returns the same issues.

"Yes, but my board has sprints and done issues from the past are no longer there", I hear you say. Absolutely correct - so extend your filters with additional criteria to narrow down, like this:

Project = MyProject AND Sprint = "Sprint 1"

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events