Scriptrunner Advanced Search Filter does not update when used as subfilter

maximilian_koenig January 19, 2022

I am using a scriptrunner advanced search filter to only show open issues that do not have a non-closed issue blocking them. 

The filter works well and is used as a sub-filter for a project board. The issue is that, when closing an issue blocking another issue, this now unblocked issue does not appear on the board. Checking the filter, the issue is in it now. Also hitting sync for the filter manually shows the issue in the filter, but does not show the issue on the board that the filter is a sub-filter for.

Changing the sub-filter of the board to something else and then back to my original filter display the newly unblocked issue correctly afterwards. 

Therefore my question - could it be that scriptrunner advanced search filters do not update even if synced when used as subfilters? How can I fix this? 

When using the filter as main filter it updates as expected, but due to ruining the roadmap this is not an option. 

To add onto my issue - when creating new Issues, even though some are blocked, they all stay on the board. None are hidden, even though only a portion of the newly created issues should be allowed through the subfilter. There seems to be some real issues with advanced search subfilters based on subqueries. 

My filter query for consideration:

category = "Customer Project" AND type not in (Epic) AND ((statusCategory = "To Do" AND not issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("category = "Customer Project" AND statusCategory != Done", "blocks") ) OR statusCategory != "To Do")

Thank you for your help!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events