Scriptrinner "Field 'issueFunction' .. " issue

Deleted user August 15, 2018

Hi,

I have installed Scriptrunner in Jira Software Cloud and try to execute 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status = 'In Progress'")

in a Boards Quick Filter JQL query but i get the following error:

Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

To solve the issue, the most write to restart Jira, but I use the could version, any other solutions?

3 answers

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that in JIRA Cloud you can only use the issueFunction() JQL function provided by ScriptRunner on the Enhanced Search page as described in the documentation here.

This is due to the way that Atlassian restrict how the JQL functions can interact with their infrastructure meaning we must run them in a sandbox process.

However, this does not mean that they cannot be used inside other filters inside other quick-filters and to use the functions in other filters then you will need to follow the steps outlined below.

1. Navigate to the enhanced search page and construct the filter you require using the JQL functions provided bv ScriptRunner.
  2. Save your filter and share it with the users that are required to be able to see it.
  3. Create the JQL search used by your board filter or quick filter and reference the saved filter using the syntax shown below which will return the results of your filter using the JQL functions provided by ScriptRunner.

filter = "<NameOfFilterHere>"

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018
0 votes
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018
Deleted user August 15, 2018

Thanks for your answer, it is the latest version.

What do you mean with "filter works on the regular issue search"?

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2018

When you click on "issues" on the navigation bar > search for issues and then click on Advanced and put your filter there :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events