ScriptRunner may be incompatible with JIRA Agile plugin in Firefox

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

Running both ScriptRunner 3.0.10 and JIRA Agile 6.6.70 on JIRA 6.3.12,

a JavaScript error banner related to ScriptRunner batch.js file pops up when opening JIRA Agile "Manage Boards", or when opening "create issue" window over a JIRA Agile board.

These errors only pop in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Disabling the Script Runner plugin solves this issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

Current state of my investigation is that the security environment around our JIRA instance running JIRA Agile and ScriptRunner is involved. As a standalone instance out of this context does not suffer from this defect.

We use F5 BigIP product with Application Security Manage (ASM) and there is chance that some JavaScript files have been "discarded" or "tampered" by a piece of this application firewall's logic. Still in progress, I will let you know here.

0 votes
Nik Blanchet May 7, 2015

I'm getting the same issue and it does indeed seem like the problem is a conflict between JIRA Agile and ScriptRunner. I checked this in two ways. First, I entered plugin safe mode. Once there, I enabled the JIRA Agile add-on. As a control, I then verified that I didn't get the error. (I didn't.) After enabling the ScriptRunner add-on, I checked again. The error was there. Second, I excited plugin safe mode, restoring previous settings. I verified that I was still getting the error. (I was.) I then disabled only the ScriptRunner add-on. When I checked again, the error was gone.

Suggest an answer