Screenshots on create screen without attachments field

George Corthine October 21, 2021

Bug:

When creating an issue Screenshots on create screen are allowed to be added to Description field without attachments field

Expected Outcome
Jira should not allow screenshot to appear in description field on create screen as attachments field is not included on view.

Actual Outcome
Screenshot initially appears in description field but once issue is created this appears as a broken link image instead.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Your "expected outcome" is wrong - you're supposed to be able to add attachments via the description field.

But the then "not displaying them" is definitely a bug, it will need to go to Atlassian as a support request.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Yes indeed, agree on both points.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2021

Hi @George Corthine , welcome to the community.

you might want to report this to Atlassian support. However given the EOS decision on server it’s unclear how much attention it will receive.

Hi @Jack Brickey we are running on Data Center, shall I post this on the support then? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2021

Yes indeed I woul do so.

thanks a lot, I will do that. 

Suggest an answer