Scope change Warning not appearing after migration to JIRA Cloud

Warran Mavrodaris July 25, 2019

Hi All,

We have recently migrated to  JIRA cloud, when adding a storyto a current sprint , the warning message we would normally see stating there is a scope change, no longer occurs in JIRA cloud.

Has this warning message been removed from JIRA cloud, or does it need to be toggled on and if so how do I do that?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

how are you adding to the sprint? I just tested by dragging an issue from backog and it worked.

scope change.jpg

Warran Mavrodaris July 26, 2019

Hi, it is when we are trying to create a new issue in the sprint. Which now starts to make perfect sense as to why creating a new ticket in a sprint does not produce the warning but dragging something in does. 

You would have thought I would have tested it that way first!

Thanks!

Warran Mavrodaris July 26, 2019

Just did some more testing and it appears the warning message only appears if you drag from the backlog. If you create a ticket for that sprint, or change a current issue in the backlog by opening the issue and selecting the current sprint you do not get the warning message. This was the part that concerns us as it is easily done and would like a warning to show that it is going into a current sprint.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2019

TBH, I have never added an issue to an active sprint from outside of the backlog as I haven't had the need and am in the habit of working w/in the backlog. Did you used to get warnings when doing it in that manner? If so you might reach out to Atlassian Support to get their take on this. You might also consider removing the sprint field from the edit screen so that users must use the backlog means. Personally, I restrict who can add/remove issues from sprints.

Suggest an answer