Saving pervious "Time spent" value against task or latest "work log" as field.

Ben Faulkner April 21, 2021

Hi, I'm using Zapier to connect our Jira environment to our Magnetic environment where accounts track time spent.

I need to somehow get Jira to save against a custom field, the latest work log added or thhe previous total time spent

So if the task has 1020 minutes against it, and we add another 30, I need a way of retrieving that "30", but right now the task only returns "1050" with no reference to the previous total.

Is there any way I can do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Ben Faulkner  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You want the latest work logged entry copied to a custom field to help with your integration.  Is that correct?

If so, you could use an Automation for Jira (A4J) rule, triggered on "Work Logged" to copy the last value: {{issue.worklog.last.timeSpentSeconds}}

To learn more about automation rules, please look here:

Best regards,

Bill

Ben Faulkner April 21, 2021

That did it, thank you so much!! So much time saved!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Ben, I am glad that helped you. 

Please consider marking this question as Answered; that will help others in the community with similar questions find solutions faster.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer